Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Area 51 Has a new Forums !

Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
HDT

HDT

Location : Water Type Gym Leader, and Pokemon Extrodinare. #1 on the Ladder.

Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play Empty
PostSubject: Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play   Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 am

Here I will be posting some tips and tricks on to helping you team build

1.) Know your style of play

There are 5 different styles of play/teams.
• Hyper Offensive Teams
• Supported Offensive Teams
• Balanced Teams
• Semi-Stall Teams
• And Stall Team

Stall teams and semi stall teams use status, entry hazards, weather to inflict passive damage on the enemy. Hail Teams are known for their amazing ability to stall their opponent.

Hyper offensive teams, and Supported offensive teams are more difficult to use as they rely mostly on prediction to protect their Sweepers from damage. i.e. Switching in Latios when you know that your Electivire is about to take an earthquake. Hyper offensive teams will have lots of trouble with stall.

Personally I like to think of it this way.
Both forms of playing require you to know about the metagame, in order for you to use them effectively. However balanced teams are much more straight forward. So I would suggest that if you're new, or just looking of a place to start, go with a balanced team.

Look in "The Format of a balanced team" thread for a continued guide on team building.
Back to top Go down
Goten
Admin
Goten

PostSubject: WOW   Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 10:28 pm

WOW... I can't believe I missed this GREAT explanation about the Pokemon Meta Game! HDT I give props to you (: Keep it up? (:
Back to top Go down
https://poarea51.forumotion.com
Admin

Admin

PostSubject: No......   Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play Icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 1:07 pm

I have not seen it before .
sorry........that i have not seen it before
It is really nice.
Back to top Go down
http://helpgreen.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play   Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Building Pt. 1: Knowing your style of play
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Competitive Corner :: Team Building 101-
Jump to: